Rude Bear Rogueolution
A downloadable game
RUDE BEAR ROGUEOLUTION ======================
THE GAME IS DOPE SO ACTUALLY BEAT IT, IT HAS A DOPE BOSS BATTLE IT’S NOT THAT HARD, BEAT IT. IT’S A RHYTHM ROGUELITE
==== HOW TO PLAY ==== ==== READ THIS ==== === CONTROLS ===
- Hold down stick = you will move on the beat. You don’t need to tap the stick, it ain’t necrodancer.
Unlockable controls (in chests):
- D-Pad Buttons - Dash on subsequent beat
- D-Pad/Face buttons also resync the BPM and fix audio lag. So if you’re struggling, tap out every beat in a row
! If you get an AWFUL or an ABYSMAL, just tap again and you will overwrite the previous action with a new one. ! i.e. Keep tapping when you get to a hole until you sync up a perfect then release.
- X = Dash. Comes out on the same beat! Hold the stick to aim it.
- Triangle = Skate. Start skating next beat. Hold down on the stick to slide around, free movement.
- Circle = Blow. Blows enemies away from you next beat. If they’re close enough, they die too.
- Square = Suck. Pulls everyone towards you with gravity next beat. After suck, blow comes out on the same frame.
L1/L2/R1/R2 technically slow you down if you want but I added this for keyboard users, would advise not playing like this.
TECHNICALLY you can play this game with a keyboard. It’s just horribly inadvisable. For that: WASD and dvorak/azerty equivalents = movement. Hold left shift to make it slight. 1234 = XAYB on an xbox pad Up down left right = dash buttons Space = x as well.
=== COMBOS (using PS4 names, X = A) === DASH . BEAT. X -> DASH + ATTACK on subsequent beat X->DASH . BEAT. X->DASH quickly allows you to slash and dash every frame SKATE . BEAT. BEAT. BEAT. ATTACK -> you can get 3 beats if you get a GOOD or PERFECT beat. SUCK . BEAT. BLOW -> The blow will come out on the first frame, time it right and you can suck in enemies then kill them SUCK . BEAT. X->DASH -> Suck in enemies then quickly dispatch them
There’s loads more, find your own! Once you beat the boss, the TEMPO RISES.
== Background ==
This is the 15th Rude Bear game in the RB core series, the 16th Ludum Dare extended universe Rude Bear game, and the 18th extended universe Rude Bear game. It was made for Ludum Dare 41’s jam, under the theme “Combine 2 Incompatible genres”. It’s a roguelite rhythm game. It takes place in the Dark Universe.
A jam game by Alex Rose, João Dias and John Pennington. Rude Bear was created by Alex Rose and Antony Dewar. === CREDITS === @AlexRoseGames - Code, Design, Animation @BitsAndCrafts - Art @Atmospherium - SFX, Audio Quantisation
Click download now to get access to the following files: